Businesses invited to free breakfast seminar

5 Feb 2019 11:35
Published by:

FIFTY pound notes will be handed out at a business breakfast seminar, to be held at Derian House Children’s Hospice on Friday (Feb 8).

 

The cash will be given to businesses of any size, in exchange for a promise they will use the money to raise as much as possible for the charity.

 

The £50 Corporate Challenge is being launched at a breakfast seminar which looks at why charity is good for your business.

 

Business people from all sectors and sizes of company are invited to the event, which starts at 9am with free breakfast butties.

 

Visitors will then be taken on a tour of the hospice and can listen to speakers discussing the benefits of corporate social responsibility. There will also be a Q&A, networking, and a chance to meet the Derian team.

 

Speaking at the event will be James Cole, Derian trustee and the business brains behind successful cruise company, Cruise 118.

 

James will tell the crowd how working with charity was good for both his business and engaging staff, and will be available to answer questions.

 

Research shows that customers value business which help charities. When faced with a choice between two companies offering products and services for the same price, 82 per cent of people said their decision would be affected

by whether a company engaged with charities and its local community (according to a study conducted by PR consultancy Wriglesworth Research).

 

Abi Williamson, Corporate Partnership Manager at Derian House Children’s Hospice, said: “As a charity, Derian wants to connect with the business community. The seminar will discuss why charity is good for your business and the importance of corporate social responsibility and I hope it will be the first of many. For a business, a charity partnership can be really fruitful, providing great PR, increasing staff engagement and retention, and even helping increase profit.

 

“We’re looking for businesses to come on board as corporate partners to help us with the good work we do. In return we can offer volunteering days, team-building and of course the knowledge that you are helping those in need within your community.”

 

Derian House looks after more than 350 children and young people from across Lancashire and South Cumbria, offering respite and end-of-life-care. It costs more than £4 million every year to run services, and yet Derian House

receives less than 10 per cent of its funding from statutory sources, having to rely on the generosity of its supporters for the remaining 90 per cent. 

 

Register for your free place on the seminar by visiting: www.derianhouse.co.uk/business-seminar

You may be interested in